Thursday, May 23, 2013

Teachers


Good Thursday morning!!  Busy, busy day.  Just waiting for my coffee to finish brewing and need to figure out what to get Holly's teacher for end of year!  I don't know if you can ever thank a teacher.
Do you remember a particular teacher who made all the difference in the world to you?  I think we've all had the amazing teachers and we've had the teachers that....perhaps should have retired 5 years before.  :)  I remember my grade 3 teacher, Mrs. Jarvis, who was just so kind.  When I had my tonsils out she had the entire class sign a card for me (I still have it somewhere!).  My mother-in-law never ceases to inspire me when I see her teach; she is of a good English stock - stiff upper lip and all that boff - but when she talks about her students from years ago she always gets teary-eyed and it is the most wonderful thing to witness.  She has such a passion for education and for child development.  
We are all teachers in one way or another.  And, whether we like it or not, we decide what it is we want to teach and what we want to learn.  Do we take away from a lesson the good things that where taught, or the negative things?  Two people will have the same teacher and attribute two completely different views, even though the exact same thing is being taught to each person.  So is the same with life.  How I interpret a scene has little to do with what is going on and everything to do with what is going on in my head.  How I choose to see things.  
So, what are you being taught today?  What are you going to teach?  I hope to teach compassion.  I hope to teach acceptance.  I hope to learn how to better love and show patience.  I'm going to look for it.  We tend to find what we are consciously looking for.  So perhaps the better question is HOW are you going to learn today?
Have a great day everyone.  Love where you are, even if it's in traffic or with someone you aren't particularly fond of.  There's ALWAYS an up side.  If you look for it.  :)  Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment