Saturday, May 25, 2013

How Is YOUR Day Going To Be?


FB Post, Saturday, May 25, 2013

Good Saturday morning!  Where did Friday go?  :P
I was talking with a friend of mine yesterday and we were talking about my posts about Mr. Rogers.  She said, it may sound silly but, some days she starts her day humming "It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood..."  She said she does that to help set the tone for the day.  I LOVED that!  What a great thing to do; start your day with an attitude direction in mind.
We have all started our day on the proverbial wrong side of the bed.  It happens!  So why not try to make a conscious effort to decide where your day is going to go regardless of how it starts or what happens?  Happiness doesn't come from the things around us but from how we see things.  And when we rely on our environment to make us happy, we are at the mercy of everything that happens in the course of a day.
I am so much happier since I have started to look at obstacles as challenges or opportunities.  As another lady I spoke with yesterday said, as hard as it is to see our children go through all the trials of childhood, she reminds her kids how strong they'll be when they come out on the other side!!  Okay, so they may not buy that now but, one day!  :)
Today I've already decided it's going to be a great day.  God forbid something tragic should happen (those are the REAL challenges).  But I will focus on solely what is within my control: where there is sadness I will do my best to bring joy, where there is negativity, I will bring a smile, where there is frustration, I will bring understanding.  I can't "make" another person feel a certain way any more than I can be made to feel a certain way.  It is a choice, how we see things and feel about them.  When we really, really understand that, it is the most liberating thing in the world.  But it's a hard place to get to.  At least, it has been for me.  But SO worth the effort!
I pray you come to find peace inside of you faster than I have discovered the key to peace inside of me.  It will happen when you are ready.  Of course, it's not a destination; it is an ongoing journey.  Obstacles are everywhere every day.  But are they something to be defeated by, go around, or climb over?  Will you do it joyfully, peevishly, or fiercely?  You get to decide.  How awesome is THAT?  Peace.  And I hope you make you day great!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment