Saturday, March 9, 2013

ISFP: Matt's Question of the Day - March 9, 2013

Matt's Question of the Day:
How do you deal with your anger?

Mo Cooper This is a good one. I post a lot of positive stuff and I'm sure a lot of people want to b**ch-slap me for being so dang chipper! But honestly, I come from a long line of angry people. Not violently angry, but reeeeally short tempered/sharp tongued sorts. I got really tired of it. So, for the past 2 1/2ish years I have been consciously converting an angry reaction into a compassionate one. When someone is "rude" to me, I say a silent prayer that they find the way out of their darkness soon (because their reaction -what's going on inside of them - really has nothing to do with me). If someone cuts me off in traffic, I hope that their distraction is good ol' cloudiness and not something horrible occupying their mind. We are all in this together. I have a finite number of moments on this earth and I'm tired of giving one more ounce of anger and darkness time to a life so full of potential light. I just read a quote: "For every minute of anger, you miss 60 sec of happiness." Amen! Do I get angry/upset/frustrated? Hell yeah! But it's now the exception more so than the rule. It is incredibly liberating!! Oh, and lots of coffee helps too.  Cheers, Matt. Hope your day brings you joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment