Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Inner Peace - Not Outer Peace

Today's theme seems to be a recurring in all the things I do and read.  Hmmmm... intereseting.

Stumbled across this quote (well, really stumbled across the knowledge it was Fred Roger's birthday and then looked him up soooo...):

“When I say it's you I like, I'm talking about that part of you that knows that life is far more than anything you can ever see or hear or touch. That deep part of you that allows you to stand for those things without which humankind cannot survive. Love that conquers hate, peace that rises triumphant over war, and justice that proves more powerful than greed.” 
― Fred Rogers


What a great man.  There is a whole page of quotes by Mr. Rogers.

http://www.goodreads.com/author/quotes/32106.Fred_Rogers


I'm a bit disconnected today because I have a lot of things to do but just wanted to take a moment to share what I did with others.

This picture came up in my feed by, I believe, Sun Gazer.

While I love the Dalai Lama, I wonder if this quote was actually him or if it was taken out of context.  While beautiful, it struck me a bit odd.  Here is what I had to say about it:

"If you have actual inner peace, you don't let behaviors of others destroy it, you see the behaviors of others for what it is: nothing to do with you. From there you can use your peace and pray for the behavior of others and use compassion. The root of inner peace."


Inner peace is something that comes from within.  It is not a result of the environment around us.  It is in all of us be gets buried by all the pride, ego, and self-centeredness that is also in all of us.

Doing my daily meditation (Day 3 with Deepak Chopra!) the theme was "My Mind And Body Are In Perfect Sync".  Yes, they are.  But what kind of sync?  I want peace.  When I feel peace in my mind, I feel peace in my body.  And vice versa.  When I can let go of what I think the rest of the universe is doing to me and and see me as how I effect my universe, there is much empowerment, humility, and peace.

I asked the question on FB,
 When do YOU know you are stressed? How does your body respond? How do you work through it?
Nobody has actually answered this question. Maybe lead with that next time?  But really, I just hope that some people give it some thought, even if they don't write it in my feed.  Planting the seed is all I can do.

Peace to you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment