Thursday, April 4, 2013

It's Been a Few Days...

I'm on the road to physical healing!  I haven't been writing as much as I have been busy intermittently feeling sorry for myself as I wrestle with bronchial spasms and a chest cold.  When I think only of me, me, me, I think poor me.  Ugh!  Why does this have to happen?  But not for long.  I need only put a little energy and thought into thinking about others with struggles so much worse: cancer, chronic illness, abuse, and so on, and realize it ain't so bad.

I mean, yeah; it sucks.  It sucks hacking my head off to the point I feel like I'm going to throw up and/or pee my pants (well, at least I haven't thrown up yet!  :D) but then I step outside of my sad little self and get perspective, perspective, perspective.  When I shake off the "me" and think of the "we", I feel so much better.  Well, for my situation anyway!

If you feel bad, have your pity party.  It's therapeutic!  But, like any party, if you stay too long, you'll drink way too much and think you can dance, AND sing, much better than you ever have or will!  Wait...what are we talking about?  Oh yeah.  So, have that poor me episode and then get up, put on your big girl underwear, build a bridge, and get over it!  And that, my friends, is why I don't volunteer on a suicide hotline!

Going to go make some tea and a peanut butter and banana sandwich.  Comfort food.  I didn't say don't be nice to you!

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment