Saturday, February 23, 2013

Living Each Day


Posted on FB, Saturday, February 23, 2013

Good Saturday morning!  Don't you love when the planets align?  And I think it happens more often than we realize.  I've had a myriad of thoughts so far this morning; while doing yoga, making my oatmeal, putting on my stretchy pants, making my bed.  But I wasn't really sure of the direction I wanted to go.  Opened my email and there it was: Oprah's life classes with Rick Warren; author of the Purpose Driven Life.  How you like them apples!  I had been thinking how each of us has purpose in this world.  Every single being on this great blue marble hurtling through space.  And, as I have a good memory, it’s just short! I may have touched on this before.  My kids in my Sunday school class and my kids at home, I reinforce to them often: “You are important!  What you DO, MATTERS!”  I’m not just telling them, I’m telling me.  Every day you go out in the world, you make an impression.  (I do a great impression of my wonderful Indian neurologist but that’s a different story!)  Don’t sell yourself short today.  Or any day.  Today is the first day of the rest of your life.  And if this day doesn’t go so well in your eyes, then TOMORROW is the first day of the rest of your life.  And so on, and so on.  Some people may just not want to think about it.  Just carry on and, well, why do I have to make things so complicated?!  And that’s totally cool!  I’ll never, ever, ever (I’ll eat those words, I’m sure) tell someone how to live his or her life.  My purpose, at least right now, is to share options.  (So many times in my life, I was so deep in the trench I couldn’t see the options and was it providence, the universe, divine intervention? That reached out and gave me light through an ordinary person who I may or may not still know? But oh what impact they had!). Live your life the best way you know how; it’s possibly one shot!  Write a novel!  Learn a new language!  Watch an 80’s flashback Family Feud marathon and eat corn chips all day!  Just know that you have options.  And, in light of recent events, and even daily events, I'm realizing more and more how precious my life is.  And when I realized I didn’t have to be so angry anymore, I started to realize that life is pretty open.  I love to eat oatmeal, do yoga, and make my bed.  Crazy, I know.  But it is in the simple things I find the greatest pleasure.  And don’t get me started on my kids!!  I don’t want to be THAT person!  Well, not all the time.  :D  So enjoy, enjoy, enjoy.  I hope, wherever you go, it leads you to peace.  J

No comments:

Post a Comment