Monday, February 25, 2013

Get Out Of My Way! (Oh, are you still here?)


Living a more mindful existence opens your eyes to a lot of things.  For instance, I can be a REALLY big baby.  Or, perhaps more accurately, a temperamental, stubborn 2 year old.  I woke up this morning with one thought: where do I start?  Yoga?  Ugh..I know it will make me feel better but it takes so much tiiiiime...  Shower?  Ugh...but if I shower now, that takes away from "me" time; I can shower when the kids are awake.  Computer/concentrating stuff with conscious yard-apes about?  Not so much.  I just want coffee.  Coffee, coffee, coffee.  So what do you suppose I did?  I did the yoga.  I did the yoga because it's good for me and I know it will incrementally help me feel better by stretching out these limbs after a long(ish) night's sleep.  Did I jump out of bed glad to be alive with a spring in my step and joy in my heart?  Well, the joy was there but buried under my acute want for coffee!  No matter how you start your day, like the 3-toed sloth, upside down and going about 1.2 mph (1.9 km/h) (yes, I looked that up), or like the zen buddhist that rises gratefully at the first toll of the bell, may each step bring you to peace in your heart.  I'm going to get out of my own way now and have another cup of coffee!  

No comments:

Post a Comment