Friday, June 14, 2013

So Much For Coincidences!

This has such a "wow" factor for me, I don't know where to begin?  I hope I can do this story justice.  Because it was really a "wow" moment for me.

On May 1st, I created my Facebook page "Connections".  It just seemed to be a recurring theme in my life.  So many things seemed to be lining up and pointing me in that direction.  Of course, my fear and insecurity kept me from actually making it public - that would be CRAZY!!

I carefully selected the profile picture and the cover photo.  I wanted them to convey the feeling of "Connections".  The profile picture, I knew right away when I saw it.



I loved the intense stare between brother and sister (not to mention Holly's innate "I OWN you" look!). And then I kind of put the page on the back burner - not really sure what I wanted to do with it.  But I had made it so, step one - check!

Yesterday morning, for whatever reason - I really can't tell you why - I just had this urging feeling "You need to find out how to invite people to this page - make it public.  Take the plunge!"  So, I took a big swig of coffee, figured it out, and started hitting the "invite" button.  It was crazy liberating!  Okay, so maybe people won't want to "like" my page, but that's totally cool!  Who cares?!  I did it!!  I ripped off that band-aid!  And then I went about my daily grind.

(Side note: it was neat to see the little "likes" start to tally up.  It really is nice to know you're not speaking into an abyss sometimes.  :)  )

So, last night I went to the year-end dinner for my MOMS Club (yes, they have a club for us moms!!).  On my way there, I noticed a sign on the side of the road that simply said "Begin".  I think it was part of a bigger message at some point but all it says now is "Begin".  Hmmmm...

So, anyway, we did this fun thing where, back in May, we were assigned a "secret sister" and we had to deliver a little gift once a week for 3 weeks and at the dinner we give our final gift and the secret sisters are revealed.  I received some great gifts: whole grain flapjack mix and fun spatula; a wicked awesome canvas beach bag; and Ribena and soda water - fantastic!!  So, when my secret sister was revealed to me to be the lovely and talented JJ Munson, I was surprised and not surprised.  All those awesome gifts made perfect sense!  Then she handed me my last gift.

Now, as I said before, I only made my "Connections" page public yesterday.  I had posted the original profile picture on my Facebook page I don't even know when; ages ago (I got tired of looking).  But it's in there somewhere.  I know this because JJ found it.  She said she must have gone through my photos 5 times and finally came across a picture that she thought: "That's it!  That's the one."  She had to draw it.

Can you even begin to imagine the dazzling lights in my head, goose bumps on my body, and swooning feeling in my stomach and knees when I tore open the wrapping to reveal this?


I was overwhelmed to, say the least.  I was speechless.  Which speaks volumes!!  Sometimes the universe gives us subtle hints about our journey.  Sometimes it hauls off and smacks us up side the head!!  I consider myself smacked.

I consider myself one of the most fortunate people on the planet.  The fortune that has been given me never ceases to amaze me.  I have been given a great gift.  In so many ways.

Thank you, thank you, thank you JJ, for being part of my journey.  I know you too were bowled over by the insane alignment of our beings when you saw my Connections page pop up yesterday!!  There are no coincidences.

I have so much to do today and I will go about it joyfully.  Whenever I look at this beautiful portrait, I will remember I am not alone on my path.  That there are many wondrous things at work and I, just a part of the great fabric of the universe.  And it is up to me to embrace or ignore the many choices and aspects presented to me every day.  That I am perfectly connected to every individual around me and I have the profound and humbling power of choosing what to do with those connections.  Peace.






No comments:

Post a Comment